CollegeBuys recently hosted two Fall Forums in partnership with Contra Costa Community College District and Mt. San Antonio Community College District to provide purchasing, technology, and facilities professionals with opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and systemwide vendor partners.
The Northern Fall Forum, held at Contra Costa College, convened eight Northern California community college districts and concluded with a tour of the campus’s new Science Building and Planetarium demonstration. Mt. San Antonio College hosted the Southern Fall Forum, where 16 Southern California community districts participated. At Mt. SAC, participants toured the newly constructed Heritage Hall along with sections of the Athletic Complex currently under construction.
The district roundtable included robust discussions on procurement challenges, solutions, and future district collaborations. The presentations were facilitated by CollegeBuyspartners including CDW-G, KI, TimelyMD, KYA, SHI, and Shaw. Topics included sustainable procurement, classroom technology, and cybersecurity. In addition, system partners from the Community College Facility Coalition provided an update on facilities-related legislation.
Northern Fall Forum Presentations
- Virtual Care’s Impact on California Community Colleges (link) by Justin Urso, TimelyMD
- Legislative Update (link) by Rebekah Cearley, Murdoch Walrath & Holmes
- Cyber Security, Networking, and Grant Capabilities (link) by Joe Sullivan, SHI
- Supporting Sustainability with SB 1422 (link) by Lynne Lees and Megan Barnett, KYA
Southern Fall Forum Presentations
- Health, Climate & Waste: Improving the Built Environment Through Sustainable Procurement (link) by Tim Conway, Shaw
- Legislative Update (link) by Sharon Suarez, Gibbs Giden LLC
- The Impact of Classroom Technology on Student Learning (link) by Jimmie Singleton, CDW
- Sustainability in the Furniture Market (link) by Marcus Batista, KI
Thank you to everyone who attended and to our corporate and system partners for their timely and insightful presentations! If you would like a copy of any of the presentations, please contact email@example.com.